Engine Company No. 3 F-Troop

2008 Pierce Velocity

Assistant Chief Brian Cervasio - 708

             Captain Gary Colombo   - 7-3

        1st Lieutenant Joseph Taylor Jr. - 7-3-1

2nd Lieutenant Gene Popejoy  - 7-3-2

 

Members

Brian Cervasio **

Gary Colombo

Eric Cosgrove

Hank Cosgrove *

Mark Dunn

Richard Foy *

Sharief Kandiel

Daniel Kunz

Gabe Laudicina

Matthew Mitura

Matthew Moran

Jay Murphy

 

Nick Murphy

Chris Oehlmann *

Gene Popejoy, Jr.

Gino Popejoy *

Robert Popejoy *

Lou Ramm

Chris Ravettine

Bryan Rivera

Craig Solimine

Joe Taylor

Brian Wrocklage

Scott Wrocklage

 

** Current Chief     * Past Chief       +Probationary FF

 

Another fire company was formed in the far eastern part of Carlstadt and East Rutherford.  The company was housed in part of the carriage shed of the Leive Halfway House Casino that was located on the corner of Washington Avenue and Paterson Plank Road.  Originally the membership consisted of residents of Carlstadt and East Rutherford, but with a reorganization in 1913, East Rutherford members were no longer eligible. 

Old & New Pumpers

The newly formed company, Hose Company No 4., was incorporated as a unit of the Carlstadt Fire Department and the charter members were as follows: Albert Daeschler, Herman Leive, Charles Schmidt, Henry Becker, Conrad Starke, Christian Hosbach, Joseph Swajger, George Zirk and Frank Foose.

In 1920 Hose Company No. 4 was reorganized as Chemical Hose Company No. 2.

After another reorganization in 1951, Chemical Hose Company No. 2 became the present day Engine Company No. 3.  Engine Company 3 is located in the eastern section of Carlstadt in the Meadowlands industrial area. Years ago the membership consisted primarily of farmers who lived along Washington Avenue and in it's vicinity.  They were always nearby when the alarm sounded.  As development grew and the farms were all sold to make way for industry, the membership was drawn from "uptown" residents who blended in with the old-timers. The nickname "F-Troop" was developed along the way and the company now displays their cherished cannon at fire department functions. The present apparatus is a 2008 Pierce Velocity Pumper which replaced our 1983 Mack 1500 gpm pumper.

Old & New 

2008 Pierce Velocity 8-Person 20" Raised Roof Chassis.

Pierce 161" Stainless Steel Pump Body.

14" Deep Hatch Compartments on Each Side W/Roll-Up Doors & L.E.D Interior Lighting.

Through Tank Ladder System.

Cummins ISM-500 H.P. Turbo Diesel Engine.

Allison EVS 4000 6-Speed Transmission with 4+2 Shift Mode.

Oshkosh/Pierce TAK-4 Independent Front Suspension.

Waterous CMUY 2000 G.P.M. Two-Stage Pump.

750 Gallon Poly Water Tank.

Harrison 8KW MAS Hydraulic Generator.

Copyright