Home     History     Companies     Past Chiefs     Past Presidents     Bureau of Fire Safety     Links     Contact Us     Login

Carlstadt Fire Department

Organized 1872

 

Brian Cervasio

Chief of Department

Engine Company 3

F-Troop

2007 Pierce Velocity

Chief of Department - Brian Cervasio - 707

 

Captain - Gary Colombo - 7-3

 

1st Lieutenant - Joe Taylor - 7-3-1

 

2nd Lieutenant - Matt Moran - 7-3-2

 

 

Members

 

Brian Cervasio**

 

Gary Colombo

 

Jason Colombo

 

Eric Cosgrove

 

Mark Dunn

 

Rich Foy*

 

Sharief Kandiel

 

Zak Kandiel

 

Dan Kunz

 

Gabe Laudicina

 

Matthew Mitura

 

Matt Moran

Jay Murphy

 

Nick Murphy

 

Chris Oehlmann*

 

Gene Popejoy Jr.

 

Michael Popejoy

 

Robert Popejoy*

 

Chris Ravettine

 

Gabriel Rodriguez

 

Craig Solimine

 

Joe Taylor

 

Brian Wrocklage

 

Scott Wrocklage

 

** Current Chief     * Past Chief

 

 

Another fire company was formed in the far eastern part of Carlstadt and East Rutherford.  The company was housed in part of the carriage shed of the Leive Halfway House Casino that was located on the corner of Washington Avenue and Paterson Plank Road.  Originally the membership consisted of residents of Carlstadt and East Rutherford, but with a reorganization in 1913, East Rutherford members were no longer eligible.

 

Old & New Pumpers

 

The newly formed company, Hose Company No 4., was incorporated as a unit of the Carlstadt Fire Department and the charter members were as follows: Albert Daeschler, Herman Leive, Charles Schmidt, Henry Becker, Conrad Starke, Christian Hosbach, Joseph Swajger, George Zirk and Frank Foose.

 

In 1920 Hose Company No. 4 was reorganized as Chemical Hose Company No. 2.

 

After another reorganization in 1951, Chemical Hose Company No. 2 became the present day Engine Company No. 3.  Engine Company 3 is located in the eastern section of Carlstadt in the Meadowlands industrial area. Years ago the membership consisted primarily of farmers who lived along Washington Avenue and in it's vicinity.  They were always nearby when the alarm sounded.  As development grew and the farms were all sold to make way for industry, the membership was drawn from "uptown" residents who blended in with the old-timers. The nickname "F-Troop" was developed along the way and the company now displays their cherished cannon at fire department functions. The present apparatus is a 2008 Pierce Velocity Pumper which replaced our 1983 Mack 1500 gpm pumper.

 

 

 

2008 Pierce Velocity 8-Person 20" Raised Roof Chassis.

 

Pierce 161" Stainless Steel Pump Body.

 

14" Deep Hatch Compartments on Each Side W/Roll-Up Doors & L.E.D Interior Lighting.

 

Through Tank Ladder System.

 

Cummins ISM-500 H.P. Turbo Diesel Engine.

 

Allison EVS 4000 6-Speed Transmission with 4+2 Shift Mode.

 

Oshkosh/Pierce TAK-4 Independent Front Suspension.

 

Waterous CMUY 2000 G.P.M. Two-Stage Pump.

 

750 Gallon Poly Water Tank.

 

Harrison 8KW MAS Hydraulic Generator.

 

For Emergencies Dial 9-1-1

Copyright © 2018 Carlstadt Fire Department. All Rights Reserved.